008Monday, June 18, 2012
- SillyGrrl posted her own guide to saving money. I'm generally not a big spender anyway (although everyone has their off days) but there is some great advice in there if you are saving up for something special.
- Melissa from Bubby and Bean posted about the loss of her dog, it's a really poignant post and a great reminder if you have pets, how incredibly important to them you are, and to be the person your pet thinks you are.
- I don't know how I missed this, particularly as I am a huge Harry Potter geek, but JK Rowling did an 800 word piece of fiction about James and Sirius which you can download free on GoodReads. I wouldn't exactly describe it as a prequel but it is an interesting read.
- I tried making cupcakes without butter this week and thought I might share the recipe with you. They were actually pretty great, not quite the same texture as cupcakes but some of the sugar caramelised on the top which was delicious. I would definitely do this again, even if I did have butter.
- I couldn't help but be dismayed when I read about Lennox, he's a dog who has never attacked anyone, never shown any signs of aggression, and lived as a family pet before being taken away because he looks like a dangerous dog, and is now set to be put down. I urge you to read more about his story or sign the petition here.
- Maria from Frills 'n' Spills blogged about her diabetes, sharing her experience of it and how she feels it has made her and stronger and more determined person.
- Little Chief Honeybee's latest Honest To Blog touched on taking time to stop and smell the roses, something I am actively trying to do. I've been feeling a little stifled recently and I think I really needed the reminder that some things come in time, and there is no point in rushing my life forward without a specific goal in mind.